To ensure you always drink responsibly, we are proud to present you the best breath monitoring device. It took us four days of testing, research and a barrel of beer to honor our commitments towards you!
Our overall best breathalyzer is the AlcoMate Premium AL7000 Professional Breathalyzer with PRISM Technology.
Our TIPS to choose the best
Keep in mind the best breathalyzers must be quick, accurate in displaying blood alcohol content (BAC) and compact enough to carry around easily.
Why is it the best?
- Accuracy: +/-0.01 at 0.10% BAC (blood alcohol content) this accuracy means there is no room for an error.
- Display result within 10 seconds.
- Compactness: Measured at 9.5 x 5 x 1.5 inches it is handy to use and very much portable. Weighs only 9.1 ounces.
- Approved by the US Department of transport and US coast guard.
- Digital LCD display.
- One-year warranty.
Priced at $145 USD, this gadget is absolutely worth the investment. It features tons of exclusive functions including Prism technology, easy module replacement, and single button operation. We will discuss each of these in detail.
Our Second-Best Pick is the BACtrack C8 Personal Breathalyzer
Why it gets the 2nd place?
- It doesn’t feature Prism technology
- Doesn’t have easy panel replacement
But it does feature:
- Police grade accuracy.
- Easy Bluetooth smartphone connectivity.
- Android and iPhone compatible.
- OLED display.
- Extremely compact size: 2.5 x 0.7 x 2.2 inches.
- Weighs 2.08 ounces only, which makes it very portable.
- Feature ZEROLINE TECHNOLOGY to keep track of your BAC.
- 1-year warranty plus 30 days money back guaranty.
At only $99.99 USD, this cool little dude is a snatch. Not much larger than your keychain this breathalyzer features everything you need inside. We assure you it’s the best return for your money.
Our 1st Choice AlcoMate Premium AL7000 Breathalyzer
- DOT approved for Law Enforcement: Accuracy +/-0.01 at 0.10%BAC
- US Coast Guard approved , Detection Range 0.000 - 0.400% BAC G/DL
- Pre-calibrated replaceable sensor module technology
- 2nd generation re-enforced sensor modules
- Easy-replace sensor panel
PRISM technology is to provide the most accurate results possible. As most breathalyzer loses accuracy after one year or less, PRISM technology is developed by AK GlobalTech to remove such flaws. AlcoMate Premium AL7000 doesn’t need a manual re-calibration to fix its accuracy, it has an easy user-replaceable module. This quick and easy replacement will restore the accuracy of this device as if it were brand new.
Reliable and Approved by the Law enforcement Agencies, US military
Trusted by professionals, military and law enforcement the AlcoMate Premium AL7000 is among the best market sellers.
Who is this for?
If you consume alcohol, a breathalyzer will keep your enjoyment safe. In the USA alone Approximately 88,000 people die every year due to irresponsible drinking (CDC report). Please keep in mind that it’s always very hard to tell whether you have crossed the limit of safe consumption. Never drive after alcohol consumptions, without first checking your BAC using a breathalyzer.
Pros. & Cons.
- Easy to use single button user interface, with digital LCD.
- No recalibration needed.
- Professional level reliability.
- Very quick result time (under 10 seconds).
- Manufacturer support.
- 2 AAA batteries, which provide an hour use are included in the box.
- The size is a bit larger in comparison to our other front runners.
- The sensor module needs to be replaced after 365 days and will cost you $27 USD.
Watch this video to learn, how to replace the sensor module:
Our 2nd Smart Choice is the BACtrack C8 Personal Breathalyzer
BACtrack C8 Personal Breathalyzer | Police-Grade Accuracy | Optional Smartphone Bluetooth Connectivity to iPhone & Android Devices
- POLICE-GRADE ACCURACY - Powered by BACtrack's patented BluFire Fuel Cell Sensor, the BACtrack C8 utilizes the same police-grade technology trusted by hospitals, clinics, and even law enforcement.
- DUAL-MODE OPERATION - Choose "Standalone Mode" and your BAC results are delivered directly to a bright, easy-to-read OLED screen. Alternatively, choose "App Mode" and the BACtrack C8 wirelessly delivers your BAC results to your smartphone via Bluetooth.
The latest ZEROLINE innovation puts you in control by calculating the estimated time until your BAC is 0.00%.
This device allows you to choose if you want your BAC result displayed on your smartphone, or directly on its digital OLED.
The BACtrack C8 is not much larger than a keychain, you can easily put it in your pocket.
Who is this for?
It’s certainly for you if you consume alcohol. You can party hard with friends on holidays without having to worry about crossing your limits, this little dude will keep you safe. If you like enjoying drinks in a gathering or having a casual get together with friends, this device will help you check your sobriety before you drive.
Pros. & Cons.
- BACtrack allows you to connect your breathalyzer with BACtrack app, unlocking tons of exciting features.
- Accuracy from 0.000 to 0.4000 BAC (Police- grade)
- Comparatively large digital OLED
- Just one button operation
- Approximately 2 to 5 seconds to display your BAC result
- The box includes 2 AAA batteries, which provide an operation time of 60 mins.
- Displays the estimated time it will take you to get sober.
- The sensor needs recalibration after 365 days, which will cost you between $20-$30 USD
Oasser Breathalyzer (Cheapest Option)
Oasser Breathalyzer Alcohol Tester Digital LCD Breath Tester Semi-Conductor Sensor with 4 Mouthpieces and 3 AAA Batteries T1
- Free gift: Oasser alcohol tester comes with 4 mouthpieces and 3 AAA batteries for you to change. It's powered by 3 AAA batteries (included)
- Easy to use with one button - You can also use the breathalyzer's one button to switch units (%BAC , ‰BAC and mg/l). It can auto power off in 3 minutes when there's no operation. Extra mouthpieces to buy Asin: B0769CMPXQ
- Fast Result - Advanced semi-conductor sensor technology ensures your alcohol level is found out in seconds to be sure if it's safe to drive. After the last drink, please wait for 15 minutes and then check your alcohol level
This is the best device you will find for a cheap price.
The Cool things about it
- It only costs $19.99 USD
- An accuracy of 0.08 % BAC
- Its powered by 3 AAA batteries, providing an operation time of 60 minutes approximately
- Auto power off if left idle for 3 minutes
- One button easy to use interface with a large enough LCD display
- Compact design can easily fit in your hand
- Takes approximately 15 seconds to display results
- Weighs only 2.24 ounces
- Includes a smart alarm to indicate BAC limit
The Not so cool things about it
- The size is 4.3 x 0.8 x 2.4 inches, which is larger in comparisons to our other two choices.
- For better accuracy, you will have to wait for 20 minutes after your last drink to take the test.
Gifts included in the box!
Yes, the Oasser breathalyzer comes with 4 mouthpieces and 3 extra batteries for free!
Who is this for?
If you are looking for a cheap breathalyzer, this is the best gadget you can get. It stands out in terms of price, design and efficiency. It’s the best if you enjoy drinking in concerts and large public gatherings as you won’t have to fear losing an expensive device.
It was very hard to give the final judgment, considering the awesome features of our front-runners. However, we have given our ultimate verdict after careful consideration of the products we have introduced.
So, if you are looking for the best, most reliable, accurate, efficient gadget and money is no problem for you then you should opt for our first choice AlcoMate Premium. This breathalyzer is a professional level device trusted by Law enforcement and the US military. We have rigorously tested it to ensure the quality of this product.
The BACtrack C8 Personal Breathalyzer is another good option. It is efficient and compact in design, the best thing we liked about it, is the size as it can easily fit in your pocket. It’s Android/iOS compatible which means you can use the BACtrack app and unlock tons of exciting features.
Finally, our third winner is the Oasser breathalyzer it’s cheap and efficient enough to get the job done. This is the best you can find if you don’t want to spend much, it has pretty much all the features required in a breathalyzer. The best part is that it comes with extra batteries and 4 mouthpieces.
We hope you find our article interesting and helpful in buying a breathalyzer. We wish you happy buying! Stay safe and connected.