No matter which era we are living in, the child inside a creative and artistic person always looks for something which is worth cherishing. In spite of the modern Technology and beautiful digital cameras, most of the people miss the time of instant cameras. Instant cameras are a great source of joy and they are being forgotten. So much so, that we had to include it in our “discover devices” part. So that our young generation can re-discover these amazing devices. Here we brought the three most known and preferred instant cameras named Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera, Fujifilm Instax mini 90 Camera and polaroid snap touch instant digital camera and we’d be looking at Polaroid Snap vs Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 vs Polaroid Snap Touch.
After a research of almost 40 hours on different instant cameras, we chose these three cameras as our best choice and between these three,
Polaroid Snap Instant digital camera is the overall winner.
Our criteria to choose the Best Instant camera
While trying to choose the best instant camera we thought pretty much about what the criteria is supposed to be and thinking over it we came to conclude that the best instant camera must have:
The best thing we prefer about an instant camera is the vintage feeling which takes us back to the age of 90s. While choosing the best instant camera we specially preferred the cameras with Vintage feeling
Photo booth options
Although it’s very convenient to snap a picture and get it printed right away, sometimes it’s troublesome as we have to click as many times the number of photos as many we want to get printed of the same scene. Photo booth options allow one to get a copy of the same picture In a different number.
Brightness control features
In Instant cameras, brightness control holds a very important place because we might not get the option to review the picture before getting it printed. The brightness control features allow one to get its picture fully brighten according to the environment and save the expensive film from getting wasted.
While choosing these 3 cameras, we kept the customer requirements in our mind, featuring picture quality, easy to use mechanism and portability. From these three cameras, we are pretty sure you will be able to choose the camera you want.
As far as warranty shows manufacturers confidence in that specific product, on the other hand, it also covers buyers confidence to use the product wholeheartedly. All these three products cover almost one year of warranty with an option to buy an extension of 1 to 2 years.
Polaroid Snap Instant Digital camera (1st Choice)
Polaroid snap instant digital camera is our first choice for its amazing features and manageable budget. It not only allows one to capture the most amazing pictures but also provide the chance to save them for digital use.
Why it is the Best?
Here are the reasons why we consider Polaroid Snap instant digital camera the best.
- It has Zero Ink printing Technology which means the colors are in the paper which get printed according to the photo.
- It costs only $69.95 which is the least among the three best cameras that we chose for you.
- It provides long-lasting smudge-proof prints.
- One amazing feature of this camera can be stated as its photo can be used as a sticker by peeling off the back paper from the photo which is best for scrapbooking.
- It has indicators for low battery, low paper, and low SD storage that none of our other two cameras have.
- It has 3 modes of in-camera editing named Black and White, Normal and Vintage.
- Amongst the three best cameras Polaroid snap instant digital camera has the longest warranty without any extra charges i.e. 2 years.
Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic Camera (2nd choice)
Our 1st choice has more than enough qualities to be chosen immediately as your camera however if you are okay with a little larger budget and want something more classy that doesn’t seem to relate to this modern digital world, we have this Fujifilm Instax mini 90 Neo Classic up our sleeve.
Why we chose it as 2nd Best?
The reason why we chose this amazing camera as our 2nd and not the first choice is,
- It only prints photo but doesn’t save the picture for digital use while both our 1st and 3rd choice do.
- It costs higher than Polaroid Snap camera.
- It doesn’t have a selfie mirror.
Why it is still Awesome?
- It has five different modes to improve your photography.
- It has a high-performance flash.
- It costs 100 USD which is less than our third best choice costing 109.95USD.
- It automatically detects light and has a macro mode to capture things from nearby 30-60cm
- It has a 1-year warranty.
Coming back to our first choice Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera
1 used from $99.95
- POINT, SHOOT, PRINT - Taking picture perfect snapshots is quick and fun. Just frame the shot using the touchscreen display, press the shutter button to capture the image, then print the photo and watch the memories come to life. Battery : 1100mAh - charging time 30 minutes
- ALL-IN-ONE CAMERA AND PRINTER - From portraits to selfies, this powerful 13MP camera with a 3.4mm lens captures every detail and prints in an instant without the need for film and toners. It also doubles as a camcorder, so taking 1080p/720p HD video is as a simple as the press of a button. The camera also features a microSD card slot, so you can save your pictures and print them later.
Why it is first on our list?
With the results that we got after research and survey, it was quite hard to choose and arrange products on our list, however, we proudly went through this phase by choosing Polaroid Snap Instant digital camera as 1st on our list. And the reasons to this decision of ours are as below.
- It doesn’t use inks or toners but Zink ( zero ink technology) to print the finest colors on the photo on the other hand Fujifilm Instax mini 90 doesn’t use this technology.
- It provides smudge-proof long-lasting prints.
- The back of photo can be peeled off turning it into a sticker and is ideal for scrapbooking.
- Polaroid Snap Instant digital camera accepts SD cards up to 32GB to save photos for future digital use or sharing which is also something that our Vintage Classic camera (Fujifilm) doesn’t offer.
- It has a built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery which is known for its reliability.
- It has a photo booth to allow one to get 4 copies of a single snap, while Fujifilm allows only two copies of a snap through its setting.
Why do we like it?
Honestly, there are a lot of reasons to adore this little pocket-sized Instant camera. Some of them are discussed down here.
- It is fast, easy and fun to get the picture printed in finest colors in less than one minute.
- It doesn’t use film but holds 10 sheets of paper to print photos.
- It has a built-in Rechargeable Li-ion battery which is lighter in weight and more reliable.
- You can print and share stunning photos as fast as you snap them.
- The camera fits perfectly into a pocket.
- The 10 MP camera captures millions of colors and tons of detail with its fine view.
- This amazing camera has 6 unique modes and filters to suit your mood.
- Along with the multiple modes, the camera also has border options, a self-timer, Photo-booth, and many other extras so you don’t have to think but just snap.
- It has indicators for low battery, printer, low paper, and low SD storage thus almost acting as your assistant photographer.
- It has USB cord to charge and connect to other devices.
- It has 2 years warranty built-in selfie mirror.
- You can use it with either SD card, paper or both.
- You can get a firmware update if you have inserted SD card.
Watch the video down here to know more about this camera.
Who is Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera for?
Polaroid Snap Instant digital camera is not made for professionals but its amazing features make it equally favorite for professionals as well. People who want to have warming, touchable memories unlike those digital soft images, find it most useful.
Pros. and Cons.
- Can use both paper and SD card.
- Prints photo immediately as well as saves for a digital purpose.
- Ideal for scrapbooking.
- Amazing features such as Sleek design, frames, bold colors, and portability.
- The camera rarely shows a print error such as printing later than usual.
- Photos are smaller than the ones from Instax cameras i.e. 2” by 3”.
- There’s no button to turn the flash on.
Our 2nd choice Fujifilm Instax mini 90 Neo Classic
Fujifilm INSTAX Mini 90 Neo Classic Instant Camera (Black) + Fujifilm Instax Mini Instant Film (60 Exposures) + Camera Case...
- Automatically detects the brightness of the surrounding and adjusts the amount of flash and shutter speed to optimize photo quality
- Double exposure mode 2 images are produced on 1 film sheet by pressing the shutter twice
- Macro mode short distance photography as close as 30-60cm. Kids mode suitable for photographing kids, pets and other fast moving subjects due to a fast shutter speed
- Film Size (W x H) 2.09 x 3.39" / 53 x 86 mm - Image Area 1.81 x 2.44" / 46 x 62 mm - Credit Card-Sized Prints
Why do we like it?
- High performance flash.
- Party mode to brighten up the background.
- Kids mode to capture kids, pets and other fast moving objects.
- Landscape mode to capture distant objects such as buildings very clearly.
- Macro mode to capture things from close to take a better view.
- Bulb Exposure mode in which shutter remains open for 10 seconds enabling the photo captured showing attractive night views and light streaks
- Double exposure mode allowing one to press the shutter button twice thus superimposing two different images in one frame.
- Improved usability and product design that supports photography.
- This camera has most of all capturing modes which our 1st and 3rd choice don’t support.
- High key and Low key effects thus controlling the brightness.
- A mode dial which helps you change mode and capture while looking through the viewfinder.
- Rechargeable battery and tripod socket mount to help improve capturing quality.
- The camera’s power switch and shutter button are placed close to each other, which help to capture immediately as soon you get to turn it on.
- It automatically detects brightness and adjusts according to available range.
- Has a selfie timer.
- Its setting allows getting 2 copies of a photo if wished for.
- It is portable.
- Has one year warranty.
Watch the provided video to know more about this camera.
Who is this camera for?
Fujifilm Instax mini 90 is not designed for professionals however we recommend it to every person out there who loves to have touchable, warm memories. The camera is considered to be ideal for tourists as well.
Pros. and Cons.
- High performance flash.
- 6 awesome modes to capture photos.
- Rechargeable battery.
- Tripod socket mount.
- Affordable budget with warranty.
- The viewfinder is not accurate when framing things less than 3 feet away.
- Uses a little expensive film.
- Doesn’t have a selfie mirror.
- There’s a common error in the camera called E error which can be fixed cost-free by the company.
Polaroid Snap Touch Instant Digital Camera (our 3rd choice)
5 used from $109.95
- POINT, SHOOT, PRINT - Taking picture-perfect snapshots is quick and fun. Just frame the shot using the touchscreen display, press the shutter button to capture the image, then print the photo and watch the memories come to life
- ALL-IN-ONE CAMERA AND PRINTER - From portraits to selfies, this powerful 13MP camera with a 3.4mm lens captures every detail and prints in an instant without the need for film and toners. It also doubles as a camcorder, so taking 1080p/720p HD video is as a simple as the press of a button. The camera also features a microSD card slot, so you can save your pictures and print them later
This, third-best choice of has more features than our 2nd and 1st choice. And the reason why we placed it third on our list is
- It costs the most among our 3 best products i.e. 109.95 USD.
- Its power button causes trouble while turning on and off as it is the flash button as well.
Polaroid Snap Touch is our 3rd best option because
- It has far more developed features than our first two options such as 13MP camera and storage capacity of holding up-to 128GB micro SD card.
- It has a Bluetooth connectivity option.
- Ability to contact Polaroid camera app via Bluetooth to fix and arrange photos as well as download Firmware updates.
Why do we like it?
- The camera can record a high definition video.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to connect to the Polaroid print app for more editing.
- It has a smart touchscreen LCD display which none of our other cameras offer.
- It offers 13MP photos and 1080p/720p video.
- It has a travel-ready sleek design which easily fits into one’s pocket.
- Has a built-in rechargeable battery, flash and selfie mirror.
- It has Auto timer with 6 capturing modes.
- Another feature that our previous cameras don’t offer is, Polaroid snap Touch lets you decide which photo you want to get printed and doesn’t print any random picture.
- You can also pick some photo from your phone, Bluetooth to the camera and get it printed out of the camera.
- It comes with a magnetic Lens Cap and wrist strap.
- You can adjust it on a tripod and also use photo booth.
- It allows instant print within 30 seconds once you choose the image to get printed.
- It uses a Lithium-ion battery which has a reliable battery life.
Who finds it useful?
Polaroid Snap Touch Instant Digital Camera is perfect for anyone who loves to travel, blog or capture warm moments from events and life. Although it costs a little high, we must say it is worthy of the price.
Here is a video to find more about this camera.
Pros. and Cons.
- Worth the cost.
- Lithium-ion battery.
- Bluetooth connectivity to the mobile app.
- Freedom to choose which photo to print.
- Fine smudge proof vibrant colored prints.
- A little expensive.
- Touchscreen rarely goes a little less responsive.
- Magnetic lens cover keeps falling popping off leaving the lens exposed.
- Images are tinier than other Instax Camera images.
Which Instant Camera to Choose
We have made a detailed discussion in order to help you figure out which camera suits your requirements. However, making it clear these cameras are not designed for crystal clear professional images but for fun, instant and warm memories.
Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera is ideal to capture and save photos at once. It offers manageable budget and portability. It offers a lot of modes and filters including vintage classic.
On the other hand, if you really want a camera with Vintage feeling and awesome capturing modes than Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 is your camera.
Lastly, if you manage to afford a little higher budget in order to get more features you should choose Polaroid Snap Touch Instant Camera which not only allows you to shoot high-quality video but also has a Bluetooth connectivity offer to get Firmware updates and more editing options from the mobile phone app.
A General Review
According to our general review between Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera vs. Fujifilm Instax mini 90 people prefer Polaroid more.
However, between Fujifilm Instax mini 90 and Polaroid Snap Touch, it’s Fujifilm which is the winner.
And although Polaroid Snap Touch has more features, when their qualities are compared side by side as Polaroid Snap Instant Digital camera vs. Polaroid Snap Touch Instant Camera, people choose the first one with low price.