In this post, we are bringing you the three Best WIFI Sprinkler Controllers.
After more than 4 weeks of research and testing multiple WIFI sprinkler controllers we have concluded that:
Rachio 3 WIFI Smart Lawn Sprinkler Controller is the best among 3 WIFI sprinklers which we have selected.
Why It’s the Best?
- You can manage the time and schedule of watering with the Rachio App efficiently.
- This device is also easy to install.
- It works with google assistant voice commands, Amazon Alexa, IFTTT applets and other smartphone devices.
- It uses satellite, radar and weather station data from a number of resources to make sure that when it’s going to be rain, snow or something similar the water cycles can be rescheduled.
- It will give your lawn a new life by managing the water timings which is essential for plants.
Orbit 57950 ( Our 2nd Choice)
We also have 2 other Best internet sprinkler controllers which have been tested along with the Rachio 3 WIFI Smart Lawn Sprinkler Controller. These 2 WIFI sprinklers are also amazing and you can make a choice according to your budget and lawn needs.
Why it’s 2nd on our list?
The factors on which we are giving this test product the 2nd place is because:
- It lacks water usage reports
- Is not compatible with the IFFT applets
- It works with 8 units only
Still, this is one of the best internet sprinkler controllers as it has water-based software which can itself design a program for you according to your requirements.
Furthermore, this device provides water according to the required conditions (slope, soil, sun) etc.
Another great thing is that this device is half the price of Rachio WIFI Smart Lawn Sprinkler Controller.
It works with Alexa, 8-Zone and uses free NOAA weather information which is updated every six hours for an accurate weather forecast.
Rachio 3 WIFI Smart Lawn Sprinkler Controller (Our Choice)
8 used from $129.24
- MOST 5-STAR RATINGS. Amazon's most- and highest-rated WiFi sprinkler controller is the Rachio Generation 2 Smart Sprinkler Controller.
- UNBEATABLE USABILITY. Download the Rachio app to care for your lawn remotely with your smartphone, tablet or laptop, use a connected home system or run zones directly from the controller itself.
- ADAPTS TO YOUR LAWN. Set your own schedules or input details like plant type and sun exposure to let Rachio automatically water your lawn with exactly what it needs to thrive, and not a drop more.
Why do we like it?
This best internet sprinkler controller comes with a LED light which tells you that which zone is being watered right now. When there is any problem such as a connectivity error the light flashes giving an indication that there is some problem. Moreover, the weather information is collected from a quarter of a million sources to makes sure that the water is saved when rainfall is forecasted or snowfall. Moreover, it is compatible with a lot of other smart sprinkler controllers and also you can use your phone, tablet to control the sprinkler buy downloading the Rachio app. This device takes care of your lawn by making sure that only the required amount of water is supplied not even a drop more than that.
Who is this for?
A sprinkler is used for watering the lawns, landscapes. Crops etc. It makes sure that the water is applied to the crops in a way that they are not damaged due to the water pressure, similar to rainfall. With Rachio 3 WIFI Smart Lawn Sprinkler Controller the sprinkler can be controlled. You can make a watering schedule and plants are watered according to that. The schedule is made depending on the weather forecast and the plant, soil requirement.
Pros. & Cons.
- Automatically adjusts your irrigation schedule
- Save a lot of water, hence save money and effort
- Dual-band Wi-Fi
- Easy-press quick connectors
- In case of any leak, it is shut down automatically after an alert sent on the phone.
- Easy and quick installation
- Compatible with 24VAC Solenoids
- Perfect moisture detection
- It’s quite expensive.
- Yearly water usage reports are not provided.
Orbit 57950 B-hyve WIFI Sprinkler System Controller (Our 2nd Choice)
Orbit 57950 B-hyve Smart Indoor/Outdoor 12-Station WiFi Sprinkler System Controller, Works with Amazon Alexa
3 used from $91.63
- ULTIMATE WIFI AND TIMER CONTROL - The B-hyve app is fully functional for Android, iOS or web devices and gives you control wherever you need it. Program your timer on the app, at the timer, or let the weather-based software create a program for you
- SMART WATERING - Weather Sense technology provides watering based on site conditions such as slope, soil type, sun/shade, historical ET and live weather feeds. It automatically adjusts your controller to deliver the right amount of water to your plants
Who is this for?
This is another best internet sprinkler, controller. This is placed on second among the top 3 Best WIFI sprinkler controller that we have outlined after researching and testing a lot of WIFI sprinkler controllers. This WIFI sprinkler controller is operated using the B-hyve app through which the sprinkler can be controlled with a phone, tablet, laptop easily. Apart from B-have is also amazing because it is easy to install and is also compatible with Alexa voice commands. It makes sure that you save a lot of water and energy by using advanced technology to forecast the weather and provide the appropriate amount of water to plants and the turf. It stops water during rainy season and reschedules the entire watering cycle. This is a wonderful sprinkler controller which uses catch up technology to produce professional scheduling results.
Why do we like it?
This appreciable device is 2nd among our list of Best WIFI sprinkler, controller. The best thing about this sprinkle controller is that easy access to the wiring terminal is possible because of the control panel swing to the left. It contains 12 zones for watering purposes along with three common terminals, a pump terminal, two 24-volt output terminals, and also a terminal for attaching a rain sensor. Apart from this Orbit 57950 B-hyve Smart WIFI Sprinkler comes in a cabinet which can be locked and is water resistant which makes the controller more secure. Apart from that the smart watering sets the raining delays and saves water and money ,and also has a large manual control which makes it easy to use
Pros. & Cons.
- It is available at a reasonable price
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- An app which has an LCD panel
- The water cycles are created according to the weather forecast
- The Weather forecast is done using the latest technology
- Tells about the last and next to water schedules
- App is easy to use.
- Does not work with IFTTT applet
- No water usage report is provided
- LCD panel not supported with a backlit
- Not able to work with other smartphone devices
Rain Machine Mini-8, Wi-Fi Irrigation Controller (Our 3rd Choice)
1 used from $100.00
- Forecast spatial resolution: up to 1.5 Km
Who is this for?
This is the 3rd best internet sprinkler, controller. Which automatically adjust the quantity of water by lowering it on rainy days and increasing it on hot summer days when plants need more water to stay fresh. This connects with the WIFI and gives you the best weather forecast available. NOAA employs satellites, radars, weather stations are used for accurate weather information. Easy to control and set up. Control it with a phone, tablet. Compatible with iOS and Android devices. It updates the weather data many times a day to make sure no water is wanted while plants get the ample amount of water. It is also cloud independent by design and the dashboard displays everything you need information about regarding the weather and garden
Why do we like it?
This sprinkler controller works like a charm which saves up to 80 percent of water and therefore saves a lot of money. It provides you with 7-day real weather forecast so that the watering can be scheduled and when the forecast is not possible it uses the historical weather statistics so, in case of no internet connection, it’s a great option. This machine is designed to handle simultaneous commands to the same valve or overlapping schedules. a brightly lit Wi-Fi icon, visible from up to 20 feet away is displayed when the machine is not in use. And this internet sprinkler controller can be controlled from anywhere whether you are at home or office or even on a vacation. Moreover, the keypad has white LED illuminated touch keys which make possible to use it in darkness
Pros and Cons
- Works with Alexa, Nest and other IFTT systems.
- It is easy to install and control
- Saves a lot of water in weather forecasting
- Eligible for rebates from a local water company
- Adjusts watering time-based on weather
- Onboard Rain Sensor connector
- Downloads accurate weather data, accommodating to specific micro-climate.
- Only works with 8 zones
- Larger versions are need if more then 8 zones
- No Android or iOS widget for quick access to turn zones on or off
- Not waterproof so don’t mount outside without an outdoor enclosure.
- WIFI disconnects sometimes without any reason hence was supposed to be more stable
- The mobile App could be more user-friendly
- A little complicated to use in the beginning
- App always loads to Devices screen even if you only have one device
A detailed WIFI sprinkler controller comparison has been done to make it easier for you to decide which one you should buy among the 3 best internet sprinkler controllers.
If you want to buy a sprinkler controller that is highly efficient & compatible with other smart devices and uses the quarter of million sources for weather forecast while having h a big budget then top quality Rachio 3 WIFI Smart Lawn Sprinkler Controller, is the best choice.
If you want a controller with a smaller price tag than the Orbit 57950 B-hyve WIFI Sprinkler System Controller is for you.
Also, The Rain Machine Mini-8 is also worth looking for.