Coolest usb to choose from – We trust USB memory sticks with huge amounts of our important data, so buying the best USB Stick for your budget is essential. You want a USB stick which not only can store a lot of data (capacities are growing steadily every year), but is also reliable – so that it does not fail or break, making you lose your data. A strong design is necessary, especially if there is a way to protect the actual USB connection because you definitely don’t want it to get damaged.
These, down below, are among the best USB sticks and hard disks on the market in the year 2017.
Patriot SuperSonic Rage 2
Patriot SuperSonic Rage 2 is a high-end USB with a capacity of 128GB and the interface is USB 3.0, making it extremely fast. It is one of the fastest USB drives. SuperSonic Rage 2 is definitely the right choice when it comes to a balance between price and performance. Sure, the price is high, but it is pretty acceptable when you see how quick the device is. If you need to move large files quickly, then this is definitely worth the price.
Patriot 128GB Supersonic Rage 2 Series USB 3.0 Flash Drive with Up To 400MB/sec Read, 200MB/s Write (PEF128GSR2USB)
- Transfer speeds of up to 400MB/s read; up to 200MB/s write
- Durable durable slide to connect design to protect the drive.
- Rubber coated housing protects from drops, spills, and daily abuse.
- Compatible with the latest and legacy versions of Windows, Linux 2.4 and later, Mac OS9, OSX and later
Kingston DataTraveler 100 III Generation
The well-designed USB drive comes with a capacity of 64GB and a USB 3.0 interface. It is of good value, has a lot of space, but it not as fast as other USB 3.0 flash drives. In the last two years or so, the increase in wholesale transport costs has made it uneconomical for retailers to offer USB flash drives, which were too small, with the cost of postage and packaging actually constitutes the largest portion of the sales price which is why you see 64GB and above flash drives more now.
The DT100-G3 is the most affordable 64GB USB 3.0 drive on the market with read/write speeds of up to 150 Mbit/s and 70 Mbit/s respectively. Consider also the Kingston Data Traveler G4 and the SanDisk Ultra dual that allows you to save your files, to transfer between OTG-enabled Android Smart phones and tablets.
Best Deal Available of 5 Economy Pack!!
Kingston (TM) Digital Data Traveler 64GB DT100 G3 3.0 64 GB USB High Speed Flash Drive (5 Pack) (DT100G3) With...
- (Five Pack) Compliant - with USB 3.0 specifications
- Dual Compatibility - USB 3.0 connectivity; backward compatible to USB 2.0
- Stylish - black-on-black, sliding cap design
- Ideal USB 3.0 starter storage device
- (2) Everything But Stromboli (tm) Lanyard
SanDisk Extreme CZ 80
It is fast and reliable, with the capacity of 64GB, Interface USB 3.0. It is a brilliant USB drive, with plenty of storage space. It is more toward the budget end of the USB sticks but the price and performance is anything other than budget – this is a very quick little performer. The slide-out design of this stick means that you are able to insert the USB interface in the body when not in use, minimizing the risk of damage while you’re on the go.
- Read Up To 245MB/s; Write Up To 190MB/s
- Password Protection with SanDisk SecureAccess Software
- Lifetime limited warranty
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0
- Storage Review Editor's Choice Award
Among the best 128GB USB drives and with an Interface of USB 3.0, the Verbatim Pinstripe is high capacity and is priced affordably too. This drive isn’t as stable as its competitors and definitely not as fast but regardless, this is the cheapest USB 3.0 drive on the market on a per-GB basis at 13 p. It is equipped with a 2-year warranty and a CAPLESS/retractable cap design.
Patriot SuperSonic Mega
The Patriot SuperSonic Mega comes with a capacity up to 512GB, interface USB 3.1, with a very good speed and a solid build quality. But it might be a little awkward to plug in due to its design. The USB drive is really expensive compared to the rest but when you give the interface and capacity a look, along with its speed, it sure makes up for it. It’s a fine product from one of the most established players on the market, but a relative newcomer in this segment. It has a zinc metal alloy with an aluminum accent and reaches the read/write speeds of up to 380 Mbit/s and 70 Mbit/s respectively. Pretty snappy and comes with a 5-year warranty.
Patriot 512GB Supersonic Mega USB 3.1/USB 3.0 Flash Drive With Up To Read 380MB/sec & Write 70MB/sec- PEF512GSMGUSB
1 used from $184.99
- USB 3.1 Gen. 1 compliant (backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0)
- Up to 380MB/s read
- Up to 70MB/s write
- Tough industrial strength zinc alloy housing
- Compatible with the latest versions of Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
Samsung T3 SSD
The Best 1TB USB drive out there with a USB 3.1 interface, high performance, although somewhat expensive. Of course, the capacity is good for anyone and everyone. It does not only has high reading speeds of up to 450 Mbit/s thanks to Samsung’s own 3D V-NAND technology, but it also comes with a three-year warranty and has a USB type Connector. Note that this is much greater than a conventional flash drive and costs about five times as much as a rotating hard drive of similar capacity.
3 used from $314.99
- Superfast Read-Write speeds of up to 540 MB/s
- Top to bottom metal design that fits in the palm of your hand
- Optional password protection and AES 256-bit hardware encryption
- Includes USB Type C to C and USB Type C to A cables
- 3-year warranty
SanDisk Ultra Fit CZ 43
It is a small and discreet drive with a capacity of 32GB, USB 3.0 interface, compact design, and portable. If you do not want a USB stick protruding from your notebook or tablet PC as you use it, a flat USB-Stick is a good selection, and the SanDisk Ultra Fit CZ 43 is an excellent choice. It is small and light, enough to be comfortable to wear on your person and your drive doesn’t really stick out of your device. It is also very cheap and comes with a 32GB version, with 64GB and 128GB version also available so you can pick what suits you the best.
- An ultra-small, low-profile, high-speed USB 3.0 flash drive that's ideal for notebooks
- The fast way to move media between your devices
- Read speeds up to 150MB/s
- Write up to 15X faster than standard USB 2.0 drives
- Transfer a full-length movie in less than 30 seconds
- Transfer a full-length movie faster than standard USB 2.0 drives
How To Select USB Memory Sticks
- It’s really not worth it to get a memory stick with a capacity of less than 32 GB because the price premiums are twice or four times the capacity.
- Make sure that you have the delivery price because if you count how often you have to pay the postage, the prices end up more than the drive itself, especially for low-cost models.
- USB 2.0 is sufficient for smaller capacity but not for larger, where write speeds may become sluggish. Larger flash drives (128GB or more) often come only with a USB 3.0 connection.
- If you need to transfer files to and from portable devices (tablets or smartphones), consider a memory stick with a micro-USB OTG connector and a USB.
- Avoid buying your memory sticks from suppliers with a few feedbacks on sites because these drives ca be faked and you’ll just have wasted a bunch of money if you buy from them.
- If you’re looking for a drive with over 128 GB, you may want an SSD, but you should consider the robustness, portability, versatility, and performance including the cost.
Note that all capacities are likely to be much less than specified if formatted.
Neither product can replace the other due to each having their own various respective properties and applications. Each product has its own unique function, and hence, the final choice is for you to decide to get the one which suits your needs the best.